Board logo

標題: borse roccobarocco No Joke [打印本頁]

作者: wpmcpz9951    時間: 2017-3-25 11:00     標題: borse roccobarocco No Joke

Boring long race report ahead,timberland scarpa da barca
   Key for course and aid stations at the bottom Rio Del Lago is a great race that I'd recommend for anyone looking for a scenic well organized runnable 100 I went with my friend and his crew that adopted me too (my friend's dad and his 2 pacers) who were awesome This was our first attempt at a 100 Big congrats to my friend for hanging tough to finish sub 24 hours,collezione scarpe prada!  I too thought I had a sub 24 hour finish in me and used that as a pacing guide We had a near perfect day to run Many of the trail runners were upset with the new course that added a 19 mile mostly paved loop at the beginning I didn't mind since I'm used to running streets The section was added to avoid 2 way running traffic through the hardest very narrow part of the course called the Meat Grinder late at night I knew the pavement was fools gold suckering me into to starting way too fast Try as I might I just couldn't slow down and wondered if I did slow down anymore if I'd end up using more energy and paying with more miles in the heat  I closed the first 19 miles right at 3 hours   Nutrition and getting in calories became an issue for me early I came in to the race with a head cold that caused me to loose my appetite and have pretty thick phlegm I found quickly that my plan of living off Gus wasn't going to work because they made me choke on sweet thick mucus I almost threw up several times not because of nausea but because of mucus My drop bags packed with Gus and tailwind were useless After a few aid stations I figured out that the boiled potatoes and pretzels stayed down and didn't cause issues Problem managed The day started around 45 degrees but hit the upper 60s/low 70s around noon  I made it through the dreaded meat grinder which wasn't terrible but required frequent hiking  It's full of short rocky climbs and descents with a trail in a narrow gully in between Once I got out the temps started heating up  In the sun I felt pretty warm,mocassini donna timberland; at some points my 26 oz water bottle was dry and I regretted not wearing my vest sooner Ice in my hat at the aid stations helped some but I had to take frequent walking breaks The course has some long steady climbs where I planned to walk and long drops where I'd hoped to fly   The first of these climbs was at Last Gasp,michael kors opinioni; about 700 feet maybe over a couple miles   I walked the ENTIRE thing and thought it would never end  I actually caught up to a few people and it was a great time to talk   Most of the runners I talked to were locals who knew the trails from other races like American River 50 and Western States as well as their training runs I was looking forward to running across the iconic No Hands Bridge and to take a selfie Crossing it also meant I was almost half way there (mile 49) but I then had a climb up to the Cool Fire Station   When I got the Cool aid station the first time at mile 52 10:10 elapsed (the course had us passing Cool three times) I was struggling a bit The warm day and the climbs had worn me down already My adopted crew gave me encouragement and predicted that when the temps dropped I'd get a second wind  They were dead on About a mile after leaving cool I had a big "oh crap" moment when I realized I'd left Cool without my headlamp It was now 3:30 or so with sunset around 5:30 and 8 miles before I'd get a chance to get it I had a tiny flashlight on me as a back up but didn't want to rely on it It gave me a little extra motivation to get back before sunset I made it with about 20 minutes to spare Because we run the second loop in reverse I got to see my friend looking strong around mile 59 for me mile 61 for him The sun went down and I had to adjust to running in the twilight then the dark with my lamp For some reason it took me a few miles before I really got comfortable seeing the trails and making sure I didn't miss a turn I got behind another group which helped a ton and I managed to get back in a zone As I left Cool the last time at mile 68 13:56 I was running decently again and was pretty confident I would finish the final 32+ miles My quads were sore and I knew I wouldn't be flying down the hills the way I'd hoped I started back out on my first descent back to No Hands Bridge Some time on the way down my right ankle started with a dull ache I really hardly noticed it Later after I got out of the No Hands aid station the ache turned to occasional sharp pains I reached down and my fingers found the source of pain localized to spot on my lower tibia I've had several stress fracture

歡迎光臨 鴻逸實業有限公司 (http://hungyih.freebbs.tw/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0